Friday, December 26, 2014

Trying an Experiment with Simha

Found an interesting resource for mead making here, and as I was browsing the site, I came across a recipe for something called Simha. Never heard of it before, but the recipie was the definition of simple, so I figured even though it's not a mead, what the heck.

So tonight, I washed one of my gallon jugs and boiled the ingredients together. I've got it cooling down now so I can add the yeast when it's ready and let it ferment in the jug. No idea what I'm getting myself into, but I should know within a few days. I guess this is one that needs to be drank young. I like the notes on the recipe page: when it smells like vomit, set it aside for 6 months and you'll have something very dry and tasty. So it's either drink it quick or in it for the long haul.

The recipe is located here.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment