Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Catching Up

It's been a while since I've posted on here, but I have been posting my drinking adventures via the Uptappd app. I'm liking the social aspect of the app, but I don't want to neglect this blog either, so this post is a catch-up to get everything back up to speed. I'll try to do this more often so they aren't as long in the future...

Hop Lobster (Springfield Brewing Company)
3.5/5 - Was better the second time I had it. Still not a huge fan of the bitter back end, but overall flavor is pretty good.

Black Jack Porter (Left Hand Brewing Company)
4.5/5 - Very dark without being overly thick. Amazingly malty. Nice and smooth and a great dark brew.

Lagunitas Sucks (Lagunitas Brewing Company)
5/5 - Hands down one of the best beers I've ever had. This is an amazing IPA with an excellent blend of hops and just a touch a sweet. Wow. Just wow. I don't think Lagunitas can brew a bad beer.

Dark Truth Stout (Boulevard Brewing Company)
4.5/5 - Black, thick, strong, and oh so good! Complex blend of malts. I could easily get in trouble with a bigger bottle. It's a big boy!

Hopped Up 'N Horny (Horny Goat Brewing Co.)
2.5/5 - Decent, but a little more bitter than I prefer for this style. Kinda a green olive flavor...? Starts tasting woodier as it warms. Nice finish.

Mokah (Southern Tier Brewing Company)
5/5 - Flipping awesome! Incredibly dark, thick, and rich. Definitely going to have to get this one again.

Hop Stoopid (Lagunitas Brewing Company)
4/5 - Just good stuff here.

Black Sheep (Springfield Brewing Company)
4.5/5 - Delicious! Great blend of dark and IPA.

Berry Picker (Leaky Roof Meadery)
4.5/5 - Amazing mead! Really like this one.

Bearded Guard (Springfield Brewing Company)
5/5 - Amazing farmhouse ale. Cloudy and citrus infused.

Black Butte Porter (Deschutes Brewery)
5/5 - Heavenly. Great chocolate and coffee. Definitely one of my favorite black beers.

Rumble Oak Aged IPA (Great Divide Brewing Company)
4/5 - Very good and well rounded.

Mid-Coast IPA (Boulevard Brewing Co.)
4.5/5 - Smooooooth. Lots of hops too. Really quite tasty.

KCCO Black Lager (Resignation Brewery)
4/5 - Very nice black lager. Hit the spot.

Pop-Up Session IPA (Boulevard Brewing Co.)
4/5 - Very nice. Great IPA!

Live (Southern Tier Brewing Company)
4/5 - Great pale ale with a nice sweet hoppy undertone.

Vanilla Porter (Breckenridge Brewery)
3.5/5 - Good flavor. Leaves an odd feeling in the back of my mouth. Love the richness though.

Pursuit of Hoppiness Imperial Red (Grand Teton Brewing)
4.5/5 - Flipping awesome beer!

Samuel Adams Longshot - Pineapple IPA (Samuel Adams)
1/5 - Sad. Not nearly as good as I hoped. Just an okay beer with a slight pineapple aftertaste.

Watermellon Wheat (Horny Goat Brewing Co.)
2.5/5 - Different, but not too bad. Worth the experience. The watermelon was good up front (albeit mild) with a nice wheat finish.

Ryan and the Beater Bunny (Evil Twin Brewing)
4/5 - Very good farmhouse. Great taste and just the right amount of sour.

Fire Rock Pale Ale (Kona Brewing Company)
4.5/5 - A little different, but good. Finishes nicely.

Samuel Adams Longshot - American Stout (Samuel Adams)
4.5/5 - This is a fine beer. Amazing blend of malts make this one nice and rich and very smooth with just the right kiss of hops.

Summer Shandy (Leinenkugel Brewing Co.)
4/5 - This one is always nice and refreshing. Made me hungry for hash-browns.

Fat Tire (New Belgium Brewing Company)
2.5/5 - Just so so.

Hoptimum (Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.)
4.5/5 - Still love the piney taste of this beer.

Hemp Hop Rye (O'Fallon Brewery)
4.5/5 - Been a while since I've had this one. Still love it.

Tasting Room - ESB (Boulevard Brewing Co.)
4.5/5 - Yum! Very very well balanced and a perfect blend of malts with a pleasant hop back end.

Bully! Porter (Boulevard Brewing Co.)
4/5 - Nice and malty.

Backwoods Belgian (Lazy Magnolia Brewing Company)
3.5/5 - The honeysuckle was interesting. Pretty tasty thought. I really liked the honey kiss on the back end. I didn't rate it very high, but I would definitely like to try it again.

Samuel Adams Longshot - Gratzer (Samuel Adams)
3.5/5 - Just had this one last night. It was very interesting. I really liked the smokey taste. At first, it reminded me of a campfire smoke, but as it warmed, I started tasting a sweet beef jerky. I could definitely see this one being amazing for marinating meat before grilling. I'd also like another as the flavor of smoke was truly unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment